This 2nd Call for Proposals is not accepting more applications
2nd Public Call for Proposals for Non-for-Profit Organisations
Recraft the Past: Build up the Future 2
- Are you a civil society organisation (CSO) seeking a way to help communities reconnect to Albania’s cultural sites?
- Are you a group of artisans that are inspired by the cultural heritage monuments near you and want to have an opportunity to engage in the restoration of artefacts?
- As a tour operator, are your clients interested in exploring Albania’s cultural heritage trails?
- As a Culture, Business, or Tourism Innovation hub are you promoting creativity and spurring innovation through cultural heritage?
- As a youth organisation are you interested in energising youngsters’ cultural life in the territories affected by the earthquake of November 2019?
If your answer is Yes, this opportunity is for you.
In the framework of RECRAFT THE PAST: Build up the Future 2 public Call, EU4Culture invites non-governmental organisations in municipalities of Tirana, Mirdita, Durrës, Kavaja, Rrogozhina and Kruja to submit their proposals for funding projects that support communities living in the areas surrounding the cultural heritage sites affected by the November 2019 earthquake.
The overall aim of the Call is to foster opportunities for local communities to engage with cultural heritage sites through activities that bring about socio-economic development.
The projects funded by RECRAFT THE PAST: Build Up the Future 2 should be related to:
- The preservation and restoration of artefacts and revival of old and waning crafts;
- Encouragement of new and innovative ways of creating crafts that are inspired by Albania’s cultural heritage in the affected territories;
- Support to cultural tourism entrepreneurship,
- Development of digital products and innovative cultural and creative activities.
Grants will be awarded through two funding frames: the Main Funding Frame and the Dedicated Funding Frame for Youth Organisations.
The grants awarded under the Main Funding Frame will range between USD 30.000 – USD 50.000 with an expected duration of projects’ implementation between 6-12 months.
The grants awarded under the Dedicated Funding Frame for Youth organisations will range between USD 10.000 – 20.000 with an expected duration of projects’ implementation between 3-6 months.
Regardless of the funding frame, the indicative start of implementation will be the beginning of 2023.
Criteria for the participation in the programme:
All entities legally registered in accordance with the applicable laws in the Republic of Albania as not for profit with an active status at the time of application are eligible to apply.
These include but are not limited to organisations or associations operating in the Cultural and Creative Sectors and other non-profit NGOs such as:
✔ Civil society organisations (CSOs);
✔ Associations of artisans;
✔ Associations of touristic operators;
✔ Business associations;
✔ Social business organisations;
✔ Culture, Business and Tourism Innovation hubs and labs (only when registered as not-for-profit);
✔ Research Institutes and Academic Centres (only when registered as not-for-profit).
The application period is open from 12 October 2022 to 15 November 2022. The project proposals (required documentation listed below) must be submitted electronically to the UNOPS office in Tirana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only applications submitted in the English language will be accepted.
Read the Guidelines before applying!
The applicant must submit the following application forms:
- Application Form (Annex A)
- Logical Framework (Annex B)
- Application Budget (Annex C)
- Statement of Applicant (Annex D)
- Statement of Partner organization (Annex E)
- Application Checklist (Annex F)
Date: 18 October 2022
Time: 10.30 AM
Location: Tirana - Rogner Hotel (Stockholm Room)
Date: 20 October 2022
Time: 11.00 AM
Location: Rubik - Infokulla
Date: 26 October 2022
Time: 11.00 AM
Location: National Youth Congress of Albania - Tirana